How to Participate
Determine Your Eligibility
An “eligible student” is a child who:
- (1)(a) is an “at-risk” student (student who is eligible for free meals under the National School Lunch Act) and who is attending full-time a school that would qualify as one of the lowest 100 performing schools (with respect to student achievement) or
- (1)(b) has received an educational scholarship under this program and has not graduated from high school or reached 21 years of age;
- (2) resides in KS while receiving an educational scholarship; and
- (3)(a) was enrolled in any public school in the previous school year in which an educational scholarship is first sought for the child; or
- (3)(b) is eligible to be enrolled in any public school in the school year in which an educational scholarship is first sought for the child and the child is under the age of 6 years.
Find a Qualified School
A “qualified school” is any nonpublic school that provides education to elementary and secondary students, has notified the state board of its intention to participate in the program and complies with the requirements of the program. Contact Renewanation for a list of qualified schools supported by Renewanation or a comprehensive list of Participating Qualified Schools in the state.
Apply For Enrollment
Apply for enrollment in the qualified school of your choice under the Tax Credit for Low Income Student Scholarship Program.